Your privacy is important to us. It is SteelFish’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://steelfishonline.co.uk
We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. We’ll protect the data within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small information file which is downloaded to your device’s hard drive when you visit a website. The term cookie can be described by an array of files, for example pixel tags (these tend to be small blocks of code on a webpage or email that do things like read and place cookies), mobile device identifiers and web storage used in desktop software or mobile software.
Cookies are harmless and can help improve your experience when using a website because, among other things, they help us to:
(1) Understand your browsing habits;
(2) Respond to you as an individual by tailoring our operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences;
(3) Monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not; and
(4) Understand the number of visitors so that we can analyse data about web traffic which helps us improve our Sites.
We use the following types of cookies for non-marketing purposes:
- Certain cookies enable our Sites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Sites may not work as a result.
- Cookies which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and track how visitors move around our Sites when they are using them. These also help use to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Cookies which allow us to recognise users when they return to our Sites. These cookies are only used to help improve users’ Site experience by enabling us to personalise our content to you, greet you by name and remember your preferences for example, your choice of language or region.
Web beacons are like cookies as they also deliver an improved online experience. They are used to keep track of a customer’s navigation through our Sites. They may also be referred to as “tags” and are normally used by Sites that use Third Party traffic monitoring and tracking services, such as web analytics.
Managing your Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject cookies and delete existing cookies. If you have disabled cookies in your web browser, you won’t be able to benefit from using the comparison tools and services available on the Sites. In order to enable cookies to use our Sites, we have provided the following helpful information for users of various browsers. Many web browsers automatically enable cookies as a default setting.
If you require any further information on cookies including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, delete and turn them off, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note these are external websites and Steel Fish Online is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on these sites.
This policy is effective as of 1 October 2020.